Da Camera Young Artist Composer-in-Residence
The Da Camera Young Artist Program Composer-in-Residence is designed for graduate students or young professionals who have completed at least a bachelor’s degree in music and are interested in opportunities to connect with the Houston community and learn skills that will help nurture and develop their careers.
Candidates for Da Camera Young Artist Composer-in-Residence:
- are aspiring professional composers who are interested in composing music for the Da Camera Young Artists to be performed through the Houston community and in composing music for student musicians at Houston schools to perform on school programs
- are interested in working with students to share their interest in the music and introduce school children to the creative act of composing
- are able to participate in bi-monthly workshops*
* The Young Artist Composer-in-Residence schedule is designed to complement university study or to allow professional musicians the ability to maintain a private studio, teach, and apply for university teaching jobs.
Participation will include:
Participation in Da Camera Music Encounters:
- Classroom visits in collaboration with core-curricular teachers in Houston schools
- Work with students with neurological differences at The Monarch School
- Compose chamber works for fellow Young Artists to perform in Da Camera Community Initiative Concerts
- Compose a work in collaboration with students from a Houston school to perform on an end-of-year concert
- Bi-monthly career-development workshops which will generally occur in the mornings of the first and third Saturdays of the month
- Participation in master classes with guest artists
Per-service honoraria resulting in 2013-14 season stipend of $1,000-$1,500.
Career development workshops on topics pertaining to:
- Concert Curation
- Engaging school-aged children
- Public Speaking
- Audio Recording
- Performance Technology
- Personal Finance
Access to all Da Camera subscription concertsGeneral Information Young Artist Track Composer Track