Da Camera Young Artist Program Application Information
Young Artist Composer-in-Residence
Applicants for the Young Artist Composer-in-Residence should submit their materials immediately for review.
Applicants for the Composer-in-Residence Program
Please submit a cover letter, resume, the composer-in-residence application, works list (solo and chamber) and work samples via e-mail to: email@example.com by Friday, May 3, 2013.
Final interviews will be held on Monday, May 13, 2013.
Please select two contrasting works that are most representative of your output. At least one of the works should be an example of chamber music for more than one musician. For each work please include the following:
- Complete score (PDF file)
- Complete recording (standard audio formats accepted)
Auditions will follow this general format:
- Short personal introduction
- Briefly introduce the first work as if you are presenting it to a class of 25 third graders
- Briefly introduce the second work as if you are presenting it to a group of music connoisseurs
- Conclude with a 4-5 minute interview
During the initial screening process, judges will only listen to one minute of each work. Please select the minute of music which you would like them to hear and indicate where the excerpt begins and ends on the application form.